WordPress is one of the world’s most popular open source content management systems on the Internet, with almost 100million websites dependent on it.
One of the great things about WordPress is that custom WordPress theme development allows you to customise your templates so that your website stands out from the crowd and is consistent with your brand.
Why Theme Development In WordPress?
Themes are the files that create the design for your site. Each theme offers a different look and a unique functionality, which means that there is an array of choice for you as a site owner. In a few clicks, you can change the whole complexion of your website.
Here are some of the reasons you might choose custom WordPress theme development:
- To create a wholly original look for your website
- To take advantage of the numerous themes that WordPress offers you. Why stick to just the default theme?!
- To provide your clients with as many options as possible, ensuring their website looks different to competitors
- To switch between different site layouts
- To make use of alternative templates for different features of your website, such as your category pages.
These are only a few reasons to build a WordPress theme today.
What Are The Benefits Of Theme Development In WordPress?
Customised WordPress themes also come with a range of benefits that you as a site owner should look to take advantage of. These include:
- The chance to separate presentations files from system files. Whenever the site upgrades, the visuals of your site will be largely unaffected.
- You will be able to custom your sites functionality in such a way that it is unique to your chosen theme.
- You will be able to make super quick changes to the visual look of your site.
- Customising your themes means the need to learn HTML and CSS is removed!
But Why Should I Build My Own WordPress Theme?
Custom WordPress development is not just about building a website that looks different to your competitors. When you build your own themes, you get a chance to learn about the process, subsequently improving your skill sets.
- You will learn about HTML, CSS and PHP
- Building your own theme is creative!
- It’s also fun (kinda)
- Your website will stand out from the crowd