Use cool moving backgrounds on your website to deliver the message you want
Designing a website is about conveying a message to the site users using a form of storytelling. The story could be about a product, a business, an attitude or something else. What you are trying to do with your story is to make a connection with users and get them to interact with your site. Video background loops may be the best way of conveying your message and initiate the interaction with visitors to your website that you desire. Internet users often seem to prefer videos over other types of content and many sites offer video content on a regular basis. One method of getting a video to stand out and ensure your message is delivered is to use web design backgrounds that move. Videos embedded somewhere on your site may get overlooked, so the story is never told and your message is not delivered. Having motion video backgrounds for landing pages and home pages ensures that anybody that opens that page will get the message you want to deliver. Video backgrounds aren’t going to be effective on every website. You need to analyze your website to determine if they are right for you.
Where will cool moving backgrounds be most effective?
There are no hard and fast rules governing what type of websites are suited for video backgrounds. No sooner will somebody declare emphatically that using video backgrounds won’t be effective on a certain type of site, and then some designing genius whiz kid will come up with something spectacular that disproves what was previously accepted. That being said, certain types of websites lend themselves to the use of moving backgrounds such as animated video backgrounds, better than others. Some of the types of websites where video backgrounds can be effective include:
- Creative agency and portfolio websites: Creative portfolio sites where a design agency, an artist or a musician might showcase their work are one type of website where the use of video backgrounds could be very effective. Portfolio sites usually let the work on display speak for itself and focus on creating a good display environment. Ambient video backgrounds word work well on such sites.
- Product websites: Websites that sell products can make effective use of video backgrounds on landing pages and product pages as well as ecommerce stores. This will hold especially true if your site is focused on a particular niche, rather than delivering a wide range of products. There are plenty of opportunities on these types of websites to use video backgrounds to the best advantage.
- Music websites: Websites that sell music or promote bands will find many ways to effectively use a variety of video backgrounds.
- Movie and video websites: Video website and sites promoting movies are pretty obvious. However, there is an opportunity to get creative and unique, which is when motion backgrounds become very effective.
Don’t rush out and change everything to video backgrounds on your website without first analyzing the situation thoroughly. If you have a site with many users that enjoy your written content, you don’t want to risk alienating them. Examine things like site loading time and other considerations.
Websites with cool moving backgrounds
Here is a list of different websites that make use of cool moving backgrounds to enhance the user experience:
Webflow is a drag-and-drop website building app. Scroll down their marketing home page and you’ll see screen shots zoom and fade in.
Trif evokes somewhat mixed feelings with their website. A series of intriguing videos are somewhat enigmatic but are successful in captivating the viewer.
The website of Z+ includes a couple of videos that give a few hints about this game. Using gif animations that show workflow of future applications has been a trend among mobile developers.
- Joyride Taco House: http://joyridetacohouse.com/
Use these examples of cool moving backgrounds to inspire you so you can create some cool video backgrounds of your own.