Shopping cart in php is one of the most common and easiest ways to customize and manage your shopping cart software for your online store. How important is a shopping cart in the success of your online store? Well, it is very, very important in all aspects of your business. It is where customers put on their merchandise and view the total amount due and discounts, if there is any.
But not everyone is well versed on how a shopping cart works and how to manage it. With the help of simple shopping cart php, you will be able to create a shopping cart on your own and run your own online store. So good luck!
Steps On Creating Shopping Cart In Php– Explained and Simplified
- First, you need to download MySql and import it to PhpMyAdmin. Then you have to list down your products in MySql table where you can import them eventually. You can also manually do the product insertion.
- The second step is to configure and to store additional information for completing your script. In this point, you can enter MySql authentication details fro your to access database table you just created in step number one.
- Third, you have to enter the list of products you want to put on sale in your online store. If you got lots of products, you need to put them page-by-page. Each page will be provided with an easy online shopping cart where customers can put their merchandises for check out.
- The fourth step is to list the product from your database. In this part, you just have to import your products from the database you created earlier and the Add to Cart command using a HTML. Each series of codes contain hidden values that stand for product codes and the return URL.
- The fifth step in creating shopping cart in php is to add the shopping cart box where users can put in their items. You can update this cart when you add or remove items inside. When a buyer clicks on “Add to Cart” button on your webpage, the series will automatically update. This update is linked to the product database that will identify if you have such product in stock.
- The last but not the least is the view item summary, which summarizes the transaction and will lead the user to the final stage, which is the payment. This is the part where you can view the additional items such as discounts and taxes. The Payment gateway will provide the data about the payment – which is sent in HTML form.
There you have some of the things you should know of shopping cart in PHP. Check out more tips and study your options well to come up with the best solutions for shopping cart in the PHP format.