Learn uploading any AISS package or SCORM into a course through the SCORM package module.
Sharable Content Reference Model or SCORM is an assemblage of specification that allows accessibility, reusability and interoperability of online learning content.
Through a SCORM-compliant Learning Management System or LMS, the content is relayed to the learners utilizing similar SCORM version. Moodle 2 supports SCORM 1.2 conformant packages and undergoes ADL test suite. It supports AICC packages, too. On the other hand, SCORM 1.3 is not yet supported. Use a certified SCORM 1.2 product to purchase and upload the course. You can reuse SCORM packages with the 1.2 SCORM version.
Create a SCORM package through the detailed steps below:
1. Choose the Turn editing On at the Course Administration
2. Select “Add an activity or resource” after choosing the topic.
4. Find and Select the “SCORM Package” at the “Add an Activity” drop-down.
Complete the settings through:
- Input the Activity Name
- Put a description.
- Display the description by checking the box on the course page.
- Either enter a URL or Attach package to download the file. Select the right settings. A zip package file contains the AICC/ORM course definition files.
Add a Restrict Access by:
- Set the date the students can access the course using the drop-down menus. Activate the dates by enabling the checkbox.
- Release the student’s SCORM activities by entering the code. Use the Personalized Learning Designer to manage the code’s release.
- Manage the User field, Activity Completion or Grade to allow the students access the activity.
Customize the Appearance Setting by:
- Display Package: Defining the package display. If you select a New Window:
- Choose the package’s width and height
- Select Window display: display directory links, menu bar, location bar, status and toolbar; allow resized or scrolled windows.
- Student Skip Structure page: Identify if the course structure page should not be displayed or skipped, especially if it includes a single learning object.
- Disabled Preview Mode: Enable students to look through the activity before accessing. The preview button is not displayed once the preview mode is disabled.
- Display course structure on entry page: The SCORM outline page displays the table of contents once the course structure is enabled.
- Display course Structure in Player: Identify the table of contents display in the SCORM player.
- Show navigation: Customize the navigation, either allowing it to appear or not.
- Display attempt status: Shows the attempt status location for students.
Define Grade Settings by:
1. Grading method: Determines the grade categories through the:
- Highest Grade
- Learning objects
- Average Grade
- Sum Grade.
2. Manage the custom rating scale by identifying the scoring points.
- Number of Attempts: Shows the permitted number of attempts.
- Attempts Grading: If multiple attempts for students is permitted, you can record the score by the first, last, average or highest setting in the Gradebook.
- Force New Attempt: If allowed, an accessed SCORM package is considered as a new attempt.
- Look after final attempt: Once the allocated attempts are used, students are not allowed to use the SCORM player.
1. Choose Outcomes to Associate the content
- Choosing Common Module Settings
- Identify Restrict Access Conditions
Edit the Activity Completion Settings. This can be tracked automatically or manually if enabled. Several conditions are set and this determined the completeness of an activity.
- Choosing the completion tracking method
- Choose the completion date of the activity. This is shown on the Activity Completion report and not accessible by students.
Finally, Save and Display!
Congratulations! You have created a SCORM package in Moodle. Upload and create more by following these steps.
Image credit: http://kb.moodlerooms.com/how-to-guides/how-create-scorm-package-activity-moodle