Creating a Web Design Company Portfolio
For a web design company virtually any page of their portfolio may be considered a sample of what kind of work they do. It is important that everything about your web design company portfolio is especially appealing and not just the samples provided, as many of your potential customers won’t be familiar with the ins and outs of web design. For them anything to do with your online portfolio is a direct representation of the quality of work you do, even if it isn’t the type of work you do. When creating a business portfolio that will represent your company keep the following in mind:
- What is the purpose of the portfolio? Is it meant to attract new customers, build up your company name, show off the variety of work you do or something else? Although the objectives seem familiar they are slightly different and will affect the types of work included in your portfolio.
- Who is your intended audience? For the portfolio to be effective you must know the audience that you are targeting. If you specialize in a particular industry then the portfolio should target that industry.
- Make your site user friendly. There is a ton of competition out there. A portfolio that is confusing to navigate is likely to frustrate viewers and they will quickly move on to one of the hundreds of competitors you have out there.
Useful Tips for Creating a Web Design Company Portfolio
- Only include samples of the type of work you provide: A sample that you are particularly proud of but doesn’t represent any of the services you offer shouldn’t be included.
- Include only your best work: This should include jobs you have done that produced the best results for clients as well as those that you feel were your best.
- Make sure the design of your portfolio doesn’t distract from your samples: The portfolio design should draw attention to your samples, not overpower or distract from them.
- Make contacting your company easy: The moment a potential client decides to contact you, the easier it is for them the better. A customer shouldn’t have to work at locating your contact info. Make sure contact information is easy to locate.
Consider using a service that specializes in business portfolios to get the most effective portfolio possible. A business portfolio service like the one we provide ensures the best results.
We Specialize in Business Portfolios
Our team of business portfolio developers is made up of some of the best business portfolio designers and writers in the industry. It is our business to be intimately familiar with every aspect of developing the business portfolio in order to produce the best results. Advantages of using our service include:
- Access to the skills and experience of the best business portfolio writers and designers in the business
- Inexpensive rates without sacrificing quality
- Easy online order and payment process
- Customer support 24/7